To achieve the full ProQual Level 7 Diploma in Strategic Health and Safety Leadership and Management . qualification a candidate must demonstrate their competency, knowledge and understanding by completing the five mandatory units. This qualification allows candidates to learn, develop and practice the skills required for higher employment and/or career progression in the Health and Safety sector.
Course: ProQual Level 7 Diploma in Strategic Health and Safety Leadership and Management
Delivered by: Specialist Vocational Training (SVT Ltd)
Awarding Body: ProQual
Regulated by: Ofqual (https://register.ofqual.gov.uk)
When undertaking your Health and Safety training online there are mandatory units you must successfully complete in order to achieve the Level 7 Occupational Health and Safety qualification.
Course Candidate Acceptance
To study this qualification you must be in a Health and Safety role and have past qualifactions that allow you to understand the requirements to study at level 7.
Module 1: Risk-based safety systems management (50 hrs)
Module 2: Safety Culture, Sustainability and the global effect on performance (50 hrs)
Module 3: Digital technologies and Incident Investigation (50 hrs)
Module 4: Development as a Strategic Manager (50 hrs)
Module 5: Establish business risk management process (50 hrs)
You will be fully supported by the SVT assessment team and support is uncapped. There is no pass or fail - your units will be up to the required standard or may require additional work by the candidate. Support is delivered via phone, WhatsApp, the Learning Assistant messaging portal or email. Professional discussions can also be used where required.
Pricing & Duration
The course has 18 months access with an average of 8-12 months completion. The cost of the course is £1995.00+VAT (VAT UK Only) Should you wish to pay in full by card the rate will be £1796.00+VAT - use code PIF10 or call +44 (0)1472 240112. Interest free payment plans are available to suit all budgets with no credit checks. SVT will pay you 10% cash back of your course fees on completion so you can use towards your IOSH membership costs.
We provide assessment plans for each unit along with templates for completing statements and answering questions, plus a range of free resources to assist you with your study. The assessment team will monitor your progress through our user friendly platform to offer you support and guidance throughout the course. There is unlimited support and you can call, message or email your assessor as often as you wish. The learning material is provided electronically via our bespoke "Learning Assistant Portal" which shows your progress throughout and allows you to instantly message your assessor.
This qualification is competence-based; candidates must demonstrate the level of competence described in the units. Assessmen is the process of measuring a candidate's skill, knowledge and understanding against the standards set in the qualification. The assignment questions will require learners to draw on real organisations to illustrate their answers. Mature learners will ideally be able to draw on their personal work experience too. The assessment type is submitting completed modules to the assessor; the assessment will not determine a pass or fail. Furthermore, feedback from the assessor will be received by the candidates to progress onto the next assignment.
Following the assessment of all modules this qualification will develop learners' ability to:
- Evaluate the extent to which the processes of an occupational health and safety management system links to any ISO issues
- Analyse any gaps to be bridged to satisfy the requirements of an ISO occupational health and safety management system
- Evaluate the challenges faced by an organisation while implementing an ISO complaint
- Evaluate the importance of understanding the organisation and its context whilst framing occupational health and management systems
- Analyse the way externa and internal issues have had an impact on the way an organisation manages its occupational health and safety systems
- Assess the way in which the activities of sub-contractors and third parties might have a negative impact on an organisation's health and safety
- Differentiate between the various recognised occupational health and safety standards
- Ensure the alignment of the health and safety management system with an organisation's strategic goals, and that it meets legal, regulatory and compliance requirements
- Evaluate the role of suitable leadership and management in the orgaisation's risk reduction system
- Analyse the requirements of performing fault tree and event tree analysis to show fact based decisions
- Analyse the relevance, validity and value of different data sources and information to implement a quantified risk assessment model
- Evaluate the internal and external factors influencing the selection of different risk quantification models
Candidates should submit the assessment answers electronically for each module. Candidates are expected to research and answer the assessments set.
The provision of evidence for all questions is not mandatory and can only be given when asked.
Memberships and Progression
The Level 7 provides appropriate level of membership to IOSH. You will need to maintain your CPD with IOSH whilst studying this course. Please see this link for further details: http://www.iosh.com/membership/overview/
You can use this course to apply to Strathclyde University for a Health & Safety MSc (Direct) at a cost of £5,650.00. You will undertake 600 hours of study to gain a full MSc. Please take a look: https://www.strath.ac.uk/courses/postgraduatetaught/safetyriskmanagement/#feesfunding
Please call us for details +44(0)1472 240112 or chat online.
Please add to the shopping cart and an SVT course advisor will contact you within 24 hours to discuss your purchase further.
SVT deliver these courses internationally with students as far away as Australia. We have offices in the UAE and Qatar as well as the U.K.
Need more information about our payment options? Call us on +44(0)1472 240112 or London +44(0)20 8146 5680 and speak with one of our professional advisors or email firstname.lastname@example.org