National Vocation Qualification
The NVQ is a work based qualification which recognises the skills and knowledge a person needs to do a job. The candidate needs to demonstrate and prove their competency in their chosen role or career path.
Candidates need to demonstrate that they have the suitable skills, knowledge and understanding to carry out the tasks associated with their job role.
What do NVQs courses cover?
NVQ’s cover a wide range of subjects for almost every occupational area in every business sector.
What are the benefits of undertaking an NVQ?
for the individual:
- A flexible route to becoming qualified in the workplace with no examinations
- A practical demonstration of the individuals skills, knowledge and understanding
- Certification to demonstrate you have met a national standard for an occupational role
- Improved employability and transferability
- Access to recognised qualification for employees with no other formal education
- An effective way of developing staff to a nationally recognised standard which results in improved efficiency
- Proof of the candidate's capability to do their job as it is based on what they can do rather than what they know
- On the job training and evidence gathering, therefore less down time from the employee
- Demonstrates a commitment to quality both internally and externally to customers
- Ensures employees are up to date with industry standards and best practice
How are NVQ’s assessed?
NVQ’s are competency based and the candidate produces evidence of what they do in their work situation which becomes the basis of a portfolio that is assessed against the relevant occupational standard. The candidates must demonstrate that their skills are current and prove their competency over a period of time.
Evidence can be submitted electronically any time of day or night from anywhere in the world.
You cannot fail an NVQ. You are either classed as competent, or not yet competent; which means you would need to provide additional or further evidence over a period of time.
What NVQs courses can I enrol on?
SVT offer NVQ courses at a wide range of competency levels across a variety of subjects, including our popular:
ILM Management NVQs
ILM NVQ Level 3 Diploma in Management.
ILM NVQ Level 4 Diploma in Management.
ILM NVQ Level 5 Diploma in Management & Leadership.
ILM NVQ Level 7 Diploma in Strategic Management & Leadership.
CMI Management NVQs
CMI Level 3 Diploma In Management (Combined Qualification) (RQF) - (3D27V2)
CMI Level 4 NVQ Diploma In Management (RQF) - (4D27V2)
CMI Level 5 NVQ Diploma In Management and Leadership (RQF) - (5D27V2)
CMI Level 7 NVQ Diploma In Strategic Management and Leadership (RQF) - (7D27V2)
Health & Safety NVQs
ProQual Level 6 NVQ Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety Practice 603/3106/9
ProQual Level 6 NVQ Diploma Conversion Course.
City & Guilds NVQ Level 3 Certificate in Occupational Health & Safety.
City & Guilds NVQ Level 5 Diploma in Occupational Health & Safety Practice.
New City & Guilds 6 Units package Offer (Units 519-611)
Health & Social Care NVQs
City & Guilds RQF (NVQ) Level 3 Diploma in Health and Social Care (Adults) 3095-31
City & Guilds RQF (NVQ) Level 4 Diploma in Health and Social Care (Adults) 4222-34
City & Guilds RQF (NVQ) Level 5 Diploma in Health and Social Care (Adults) 4978-54 to 56
City & Guilds RQF (NVQ) Level 3 Diploma for Residential Childcare (England) 4340-31/81
City & Guilds RQF (NVQ) Level 5 Diploma in Leadership & Management for Residential Childcare & Childrens Management (4340-51 & 4978-52)
City & Guilds RQF (NVQ) level 5 Diploma in Leadership & Management for Adult Care (England) 3080-50View our Health & Social Care NVQs
Need more information about studying for an NVQ?
Call us on +44 (0)1472 240112 or +44 (0) 02039 599555 or firstname.lastname@example.org and speak with one of our professional advisors