This CMI Level 4 Management qualification has been developed in consultation with employers and other key stakeholders. It has been designed for junior managers to develop personal management capabilities and grow professional management skills including decision-making, managing team dynamics and delegation capability.
As a family business training since 2004, SVT Ltd are highly experienced and understand which courses are best designed for online learning where candidates are training in the workplace. By studying with SVT candidates will be able to gain their qualification at a pace which suits them using our innovative, online learning portal.
Diploma Course Structure
This course can be studied anywhere and will be assessed by SVT, being a registered CMI Centre.
The main objective of the assessment of this qualification will be to meet the assessment criteria detailed within each unit of study.
There is no grading system for CMI qualifications. Moderation of learners' work only confirms that the required criteria for achievement has been met. Assessment methods can include:
- Reflective Accounts
- Work Products
- Professional Discussion
- Question and Answer
- Witness Testimonies
This qualification provides opportunities for progression on to other qualifications at higher levels, which could also be work-based or more academically structured. The qualification also supports learners in meeting requirements for work and/or employment within all areas of management and leadership at this level.
Mandatory Diploma Units
To achieve a CMI Level 4 NVQ Diploma in Management (RQF), learners must complete a minimum of 53 credits:
17 credits from GROUP A (4 mandatory)
- Manage personal and professional development
- Provide leadership and management
- Develop and implement an operational plan
- Develop working relationships with stakeholders
Optional Diploma Units
A minimum of 20 credits from GROUP B (31 optional)
- Develop and maintain professional networks
- Encourage learning and development
- Initiate and implement operational change
- Discipline and grievance management
- Manage a tendering process
- Manage physical resources
- Manage the impact of work activities on the environment
- Prepare for and support quality audits
- Conduct quality audits
- Manage a budget
- Manage a project
- Manage business risk
- Manage knowledge in an organisation
- Recruitment, selection and induction practice
- Manage redundancy and redeployment
- Promote equality, diversity and inclusion in the workplace
- Manage team performance
- Manage individuals’ performance
- Manage individuals’ development in the workplace
- Chair and lead meetings
- Encourage innovation
- Manage conflict within a team
- Procure products and/or services
- Implement and maintain business continuity plans and processes
- Collaborate with other departments
- Support remote or virtual teams
- Contribute to the development of a strategic plan
- Design business processes
- Develop and manage collaborative relationships with other organisations
- Optimise the use of technology
- Manage product and/or service development
A maximum of 16 credits from GROUP C (13 optional)
- Manage health and safety in own area of responsibility
- Contribute to the design and development of an information system
- Manage information systems
- Manage events
- Manage customer service operations
- Review the quality of customer service
- Contribute to the improvement of business performance
- Negotiate in a business environment
- Resolve customers’ problems
- Resolve customers’ complaints
- Analyse competitor activity
- Developing sales proposals
- Prioritising information for sales planning
CMI qualifications at RQF Level 4 portray practical skills and competences that are rated in academic terms as being comparable to a Higher National Certificate (HNC).
Access and Support
You will be supported by an employed SVT assessor. You will have 18 months uncapped support.
The cost of the course is £1095.00+VAT (VAT UK Only) Should you wish to pay in full by card you will get the rate of £985.50+VAT. Use code PIF10 or call +44 (0)1472 240112. Interest free payment plans are available to suit all budgets with no checks.
This qualification can be offered to Learners from age 19. CMI does not specify entry requirements for this qualification but we are required to ensure that learners admitted to the programme have sufficient capability at the right level to undertake the learning and assessment.
Anyone registered on to a CMI qualification becomes a member of the CMI for no additional cost. CMI members have access to a wealth of resources and information.
Need more information about our payment options? Call us on +44(0)1472 240112 or London +44(0)20 8146 5680 and speak with one of our professional advisors or email firstname.lastname@example.org