This qualification has been developed in consultation with employers and other key stakeholders. It is for supervising or junior managers and has been designed to support the development of their knowledge and competence in managing individuals and teams. The qualification will develop key skills including working with others, managing oneself and coordinating the work of others.
The CMI Level 3 in First Line Management course has been developed as a distance learning course for supervisors and first line managers. If you have operational responsibility for a specific area of activity this management qualification will provide you with the communication and motivational skills to help you improve operational efficiency.
As a family business training since 2004, SVT Ltd are highly experienced and understand which courses are best designed for online learning. We aim to provide everything a candidate needs to gain their qualification via our innovative online learning software through top class tuition, helpful, friendly staff and a range of useful free resources to help develop knowledge.
Diploma Course Structure
This course can be studied anywhere and will be assessed by SVT being a registered CMI Centre. The main objective of the assessment of this qualification will be to meet the assessment criteria detailed within each unit of study.
The CMI Level 3 Diploma in Management (RQF) is a combined qualification which means it is made up of both knowledge and competence units.
There is no grading system for CMI qualifications. Moderation of learners' work only confirms that the required criteria for achievement have been met. Assessment methods can include:
- Reflective Accounts
- Work Products
- Professional Discussion
- Question and Answer
- Witness Testimonies
This qualification provides opportunities for progression to other qualifications at higher levels, which could also be work-based or more academically structured. The qualification also supports learners in meeting requirements for work and/or employment within all areas of management and leadership at this level.
Mandatory Diploma Units
To achieve a CMI Level 3 Diploma in Management (RQF) learners must complete a minimum of 55 credits:
31 credits from GROUP A (5 mandatory)
- Manage personal and professional development
- Manage team performance
- Principles of leadership and management
- Principles of people management
- Principles of business
Optional Diploma Units
A minimum of 17 credits from GROUP B (27 optional)
- Promote equality, diversity and inclusion in the workplace
- Manage individuals’ performance
- Manage individuals’ development in the workplace
- Chair and lead meetings
- Encourage innovation
- Manage conflict within a team
- Procure products and/or services
- Implement change
- Implement and maintain business continuity plans and processes
- Collaborate with other departments
- Support remote or virtual teams
- Participate in a project
- Develop and maintain professional networks
- Develop and implement an operational plan
- Encourage learning and development
- Discipline and grievance management
- Develop working relationships with stakeholders
- Manage physical resources
- Manage the impact of work activities on the environment and support quality audits
- Prepare for and support quality audits
- Conduct quality audits
- Manage a budget
- Manage a project
- Manage business risk
- Manage knowledge in an organisation
- Recruitment, selection and induction practice
- Manage redundancy and redeployment
A maximum of 7 credits from GROUP C (13 optional)
- Buddy a colleague to develop their skills
- Contribute to the improvement of business performance
- Negotiate in a business environment
- Develop a presentation
- Deliver a presentation
- Contribute to the development and implementation of an information system
- Resolve customers’ problems
- Resolve customers’ complaints
- Gather, analyse and interpret customer feedback
- Employee rights and responsibilities
- Health and safety procedures in the workplace
- Manage events
- Review the quality of customer service
CMI qualifications at RQF Level 3 portray practical skills and competences that are rated in academic terms as being comparable to GCE AS/A Levels.
The cost of the course is £995.00+VAT (VAT UK Only) Should you wish to pay in full by card you will get the rate of £895.50+VAT. Use code PIF10 or call +44 (0)1472 240112. Interest free payment plans are available to suit all budgets with no checks.
Access and Support
You will have full uncapped support from an employed SVT assessor with 18 months access.This is a distance learning programme using our Digital Portal ‘Learning Assistant’. Learners will receive a one to one induction followed by one to one support as they work through each of the assessment criteria contained within the CMI assignment brief.
There are no formal requirements but candidates need to be an experienced practicing first-line manager who is able to demonstrate both theoretical and practical competence in the workplace to a national standard in key areas.
Anyone registered on a CMI qualification becomes a member of the CMI for no additional cost. CMI members have access to a wealth of resources and information.
Need more information about our payment options? Call us on +44(0)1472 240112 or London +44(0)20 8146 5680 and speak with one of our professional advisors or email firstname.lastname@example.org