The Level 5 Diploma in Management qualification is aimed at those professional middle managers whose roles cross all occupations and sectors of employment, specifically for those whose job role includes: managing business processes, developing and implementing operational plans, planning and implementing organizational change and managing finance. Upon successful completion the qualification formally recognizes and allows the candidate to demonstrate and quantify their competency at a managerial level which is reflected against the new Qualification Credit Framework (QCF).
Diploma Course StructureThis qualification is a National Vocational Qualification (NVQ) and as such requires that the candidate provides a written account of their work and responsibilities and provide documentary evidence to support this.
To gain this Level 5 Diploma qualification, you must complete 4 mandatory units, amounting to 23 credits, and a choice of optional units, with a minimum total of 30 credits. The mandatory and optional units for this qualification are detailed below; further additional optional units are available upon request.
Mandatory Diploma Units
Level 5 Diploma Mandatory course units
- Develop and implement operational plans for your area of responsibility
- Provide leadership and direction for own areas of responsibility
- Plan changes in your own area of responsibility
- Develop productive working relationships with colleagues and stakeholders
Optional Diploma Units
Level 5 Diploma optional course units
- Promote equality of opportunity, diversity and inclusion across an organisation
- Lead innovation within an organisation
- Develop working relationships with colleagues and stakeholders
- Support learning and development within own area of responsibility
- Implement, monitor and review health and safety policy in own area of responsibility
- Manage health and safety across an organisation
- Monitor and review business processes
This Level 5 Diploma qualification is competence-based. This means that it is linked to a person’s ability to competently perform a range of tasks connected with their work.
Assessment is by production of a professional portfolio which comprises of a number of ILM approved units. These are matched to the National Occupational Standards (NOS) and are greatly simplified by our online e-learning platform. The candidate submits these electronically to their designated Assessor/Tutor for assessment and subsequent feedback.
There are no formal requirements but candidates need to be an experienced, practicing middle manager who is able to demonstrate both theoretical and practical competence in the workplace to a national standard in key areas.
A personal skill scan conducted by our assessment team, will ensure that your current job role lends itself to the demands of the National Standards at the preferred level.
The Level 5 Diploma in Management qualification program has been accredited to the Qualification Credit Framework (QCF) and, as such it may be eligible for public funding.
Institute of Leadership and Management (Upon application).
Chartered Management Institute (Upon application)
This qualification is also available through ILM and OCR.