ILM NVQ Level 3 Certificate in Management Overview
This qualification is aimed at first line managers in all occupations and sectors who are responsible for managing budgets, allocating work to team members/ colleagues and contractors, achieving specific results and some degree of decision making.
This allows you to develop your management performance, become more effective and progress your management career path.
This course is available through ILM (City & Guilds). This body makes available this course to be undertaken in any location worldwide.
To gain this qualification you must gain 14 credits from the mandatory units & 11 to be gained from the optional units.
- Manage own professional development within an organisation
- Set objectives and provide support for team members
- Plan & allocate and monitor work of a team
- Manage risk in own area of responsibility
- Review risk management processes in own area of responsibility
- Develop working relationships with colleagues and stakeholders
- Recruit staff in area of responsibility
- Address performance problems affecting team members
- Lead and manage meetings
- Participate in meetings
- Support individuals to develop and take responsibility
- Know how to follow disciplinary procedures
- Implement, monitor and review health & safety policy in own area of responsibility
- Make effective decisions
Entry RequirementsThere are no formal entry requirements however learners:
- will undertake an initial assessment to determine the appropriate NVQ level and optional units
- should normally be employed in a team leading role to gather evidence from the workplace for assessment
A personal skill scan conducted by our assessment team, will ensure that your current job role lends itself to the demands of the National Standards at the preferred level.
The ILM Level 5 Diploma in Management qualification program has been accredited to the Qualification Credit Framework (QCF) and, as such it may be eligible for public funding.
- Institute of Leadership and Management (Upon application).
- Chartered Management Institute (Upon application)
- Diploma (Dip.RSA)
The learning material is provided electronically with a guidebook and assessment plan. The Tutorial/Assessment team will monitor your progress to offer you support and guidance throughout your course.
Assessment is by production of a personal portfolio demonstrating understanding and application of the standards at this level; this is greatly simplified by our eLearning platform, where evidence can be electronically submitted.