The International Certificate in Middle Management (IQual) is has a worldwide recognition as a qualification aimed at those who are moving into or already working in a middle management role. This international qualification will give all learners free studying membership to the Institute of Leadership & Management (ILM) for 6 months, helping them to get the most from their course and advance their management career.
What the IQual Certificate course involves
Our Management assessment team will support you every step of the way through your Certificate, and we will provide you with the study materials and supporting materials.
- There are 2 mandatory units to complete and a range of optional units, enabling you to build the qualification to suit your needs and circumstances
- The learning material for the Certificate is provided electronically with a lesson plan which includes a workbook to provide the Guided Learning Hours (GLH) giving the management knowledge and theory. Also a work based assignments (WBA) which includes the marking matrix to demonstrate competency.
- The mandatory units will be assessed through a work based assignment (WBA).
- Assessment of optional units is through reflective review, case studies, oral briefings, short answer questions or work based assignments, depending on the units chosen.
- As you study each unit you will send in your assignments and your tutor will mark them and if required provide you with guidance to ensure that you gain the highest grades possible.
- This is continuously monitored by the Tutorial/Assessment team who are there to give support and guidance.
There are no formal entry requirements, but participants will:
- Normally be either practicing or aspiring managers with the opportunity to meet the assessment demands, and
- Have a background that will enable them to benefit from the programme – which is likely to be Level 2 Key Skills Literacy and Numeracy or equivalent. For overseas candidates we recommend IELTS level 6 minimum.
Like all IQUALs this qualification is competency based, which includes guided learning hours (GLH). This means that it is linked to a person’s ability to competently perform a range of management tasks connected with their work.
Assessment is by production of a personal portfolio demonstrating understanding and application of the standards at this level; this is greatly simplified by our online elearning platform, where evidence can be electronically transmitted worldwide
IQual Course Duration
IQual Certificate candidates have 2 years to complete (the average completion time being 12 months).
- It is not an NVQ this qualification does not require you to provide evidence of past work.
- This qualification does not require you to attend an examination sitting as it is not a test paper based qualification.
- You will be required to study, answer the set questions as you study and write your work based assignment.
- You can work anywhere in the world at your own pace at home or work, at any time.
- You will need the use of a computer with internet connection as the qualification is undertaken via email supported by tutors / assessors on our eLearning resource website.
Studying members are encouraged to upgrade to the appropriate professional grade of membership to enjoy the additional benefits which will support their career and personal development (PDP).
Successful completion of International Certificate qualification provides eligibility for a minimum grade of Associate member (AMinstLM) of the Institute of leadership and Management. For full details of membership, e-mail email@example.com
Who are ILM?
ILM (The Institute of Leadership & Management) are the UK’s largest awarding body for leadership and management qualifications. They partner with over 2000 ILM approved centres comprising of private training providers, further and higher education colleges/universities and City & Guilds.
Because all IQual Certificates are credit ready and nested, learners benefit from clear progression routes on the UK QCF (Qualification Credit Framework).