The ILM-VRQ- Level 5 Diploma in Leadership & Management qualification has been specially designed to give practicing managers and senior managers a solid foundation for their formal development in this role, building on a wide range of basic middle management skills and giving comprehensive leadership and management knowledge required at this level.
What the VRQ Diploma course involves
- There are no mandatory units for this award. Each unit is given a credit value and to complete the full award you need 37 credits. You can choose from a range of units with differing credit values from 3 to 15. This allows you to tailor the qualification to your specific needs and job role.
- The Diploma learning material is provided electronically with a lesson plan which includes a workbook to provide the knowledge and theory (Guided Learning Hours GLH) and work based assignments(WBA) plus a marking protocol to establish and demonstrate competency.
- The whole process is continuously monitored by the Tutorial/Assessment team who are there to give support and guidance.
- The Diploma candidate is required to be involved in action learning sets.
There are no formal entry requirements, but participants will:
- Normally be either practicing or aspiring managers with the opportunity to meet the assessment demands, and
- Have a background that will enable them to benefit from the programme – which is likely to be Level 2 Key Skills Literacy and Numeracy or equivalent. For overseas candidates we recommend IELTS level 6 minimum.
Like all VRQs this qualification is competency based, which includes guided learning hours (GLH). This means that it is linked to a person’s ability to competently perform a range of management tasks connected with their work.
Assessment is by production of a personal portfolio demonstrating understanding and application of the standards at this level; this is greatly simplified by our online elearning platform, where evidence can be electronically transmitted worldwide.
VRQ Course Duration
The average completion time 12 months
All registered VRQ Diploma candidates automatically become studying members of ILM for six months, free of charge, and can enjoy a range of member benefits accessible through the ILM web site.
Studying members are encouraged to upgrade to the appropriate professional grade of membership to enjoy the additional benefits which will support their career and personal development (PDP).
Successful completion of level 4 or level 5 Diploma qualification provides eligibility for a minimum grade of Associate member (AMinstLM) of the Institute of leadership and Management. For full details of membership, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Who are ILM?
ILM (The Institute of Leadership & Management) are the UK’s largest awarding body for leadership and management qualifications. They partner with over 2000 ILM approved centres comprising of private training providers, further and higher education colleges/universities and City & Guilds.
Because all ILM VRQ’s are credit ready and nested, UK learners benefit from clear progression routes on the QCF (Qualification Credit Framework).